People planning for a startup often approach venture capital firms for funding. These firms provide strategic assistance, funding, introduction to the potential audience, employees, partners, etc.
If you have been trying to arrange funds for your startup business, you might already know that it’s not that easy to obtain venture capital funds.
In general, venture capitalists are more likely to invest in startup businesses with tremendous opportunities with high growth potential or the companies that possess a working product prototype, early user adoption, etc.
There are some criteria that venture capitalists typically focus on to come forward to make investments;
- Geography – Where the business will be set up
- Industry sectors – Whether Saas, software, biotech, consumer, etc.?
- Stage of the company – if the company is in the early stage or later stage with meaningful revenue traction?
When you are approaching venture capitalists, you must be clear of whether their interests resonate with your business and its stage at that moment.
Many consider that reaching out to venture capitalists through email won’t work out.
To some extent, it is true because of unsolicited emails from too many people asking for funding.
However, it does not imply that you shouldn’t send emails to them.
Before we look at how to send an email to the venture capitalists, you should know how to get an email address so that it becomes easy for you to find your venture capitalists’ email addresses.
How to get an email address?
Thanks to the big data and machine learning algorithms that have made it easier to get an email address with email lookup tools like GetEmail.io in a fraction of moments.
This tool locates the exact email address of anyone on this planet within a fraction of seconds.
Therefore, you can use this tool or similar tools to find your venture capitalists’ email addresses.
How to convince the venture capitalists?
- While approaching the venture capitalist, you must have a good elevator pitch to draw the interest of a VC.
- You must know that the funding process could be time taking. Yes, you may have to wait for weeks to meet a principal of a venture capitalist firm and have meetings and presentations to every venture capital fund partner.
- You must use powerful technologies to protect your product. Because if a product goes well among the consumers, it will be copied. You can protect your business through patents & other intellectual property.
This will also give the investors a chance to consider investing in your company.
- While meeting the investors, you must not describe solutions in search of an issue. Rather, you identify the issue you wish to resolve.
- You may consider starting with your network. LinkedIn is one of the ideal platforms to search for venture capitalists ready to fund your business.
You can build a good profile for your startup and attract the VCs towards your ideologies.
Besides this, you may also send them emails with an intriguing subject line and highly persuading content.
If you can successfully convince the venture capitalists, you have the stuff that will make your startup a considerable success.